We’re a transparent organization – why? We believe transparency equates to trust so we have no issue providing pricing information. What does it cost to paint the exterior of your house?
The key to a great paint job is the prep work. Painting the exterior of your house is a 5-step process.
Exterior Painting Process
- Pressure Wash – removes grime, dirt, spider webs, wasp nests, etc.
- Carpentry Work – wood & dry rot
- Caulk – we caulk all joints and seams in all paintable surfaces on every exterior project
- Mask & Cover – windows, brick, etc.
- Paint – it can seem counter intuitive, but the process of painting is actually the quickest
The biggest cost variable to the question, “What Does It Cost To Paint The Exterior Of Your House?”, is the amount of carpentry work. Depending on how much rotten wood requires replacing, your investment can double or increase by 5-10%. On average, I estimate that carpentry work makes up 15% of the cost of exterior repaint.
Without further ado:
What Does It Cost To Paint The Exterior Of Your House?
As you can see another variable to consider when budgeting the cost to paint the exterior of your home: how many colors are involved. Every time we add a color to the scope, it adds another level of prep and detail work to achieve straight lines where the two colors meet.
We would love to meet with you about your exterior paint project.
**The prices listed with corresponding pictures are intended to give an approximate idea of the cost associated with the homes pictured – It is not an offer or a quote. The homes pictured were painted by Alliance Painting.