Here at Alliance Painting, we are proud to offer our painting services to Colleyville and the surrounding areas in DFW. Having helped over 3,800 families in DFW find the perfect look for their house, we are confident we can help you as well. With a no hassle lifetime warranty, we get the job done right, on time, the first time. Have questions about our painting service? Give us a call! In the meantime, here are some fun paint facts for your enjoyment.
Psychologists have found that paint color can affect a persons mood. Cool tones, like blues and greens, can make people feel calmer and more content. Warmer tones, in contrast, like reds and yellows, can give people energy or even incite feelings of anger.
- The United States lagged behind other countries in banning lead paints from residential use. While the US didn’t enact its ban until 1978, many other countries had discontinued its use prior to 1920.
- The human eye can detect more variations in the color green than in any other color. This is probably why that there are more shades of commercially available paint in green hues than any other color.
- Plato, of Greek philosophical stardom, was among the first people to discover that two paint colors could be mixed together to produce a third color.
- Have you ever wondered how much paint is used in the United States? Every year, over 1.57 billion gallons of paint are sold in our country.
- Paint dries at different speeds depending on the temperature. The most efficient temperature for paint to dry at is right about 70 degrees.
- A can of paint will last three to five years if stored properly. This includes keeping it between 60 and 80 degrees fahrenheit and avoiding placing paint cans on concrete floors.
- Paint may not seem dangerous, but it is listed as a household hazardous chemical (HHW). In fact, it’s the most prevalent household hazardous waste in existence, both by quantity and by volume.
- Since it was completed in 1937, the Golden Gate Bridge has been refinished using the exact same paint color that was implemented originally, preserving its signature hue.
- Paints are mixed using a pigment, a binder, and a solvent. Without the solvent, paint is just a thick, gloopy substance that is almost impossible to spread. The solvent makes the paint more viscous, so that it flows from a brush stroke to a canvas.
- Lower quality paints actually have MORE solvent. That is why they require more coats than expensive paints, because all of the water and solvent evaporates, leaving less actual paint.
Hopefully you found these facts interesting and entertaining. If you are looking for professional painting services in Colleyville or the surrounding DFW areas, Alliance Painting is the company to call! For more information about how our painting services can benefit you, please do not hesitate to give us a call at your earliest convenience. One of our friendly and knowledgeable representatives will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.